-Bisexual - Am I overreacting? >> 2022

https://ift.tt/AHrKkx7

I've been very depressed this past week. The reason is that I live "on my own" but in reality my parents just have a duplex house. I mainly help around and drive my father to his medical appointments etc. Plus I also help with bills. Anyway, I suggested that I could rent an empty room I had at my place to my best friend (ftm). Which he needs, cause he hasn't been able to find an apartment. Also I've been feeling very lonely up here. Plus my parents in all honesty need the money to improve the house (they recently bought it, and it's needs some renovations, they're kind stuck right now).

Instead on focusing on the matter at hand, they finally decided to bash me for being bisexual. My mother literally told me that the only reason I was still living near them is because my father convinced her. I came out as Bi 3 years ago (I was 21). I've never even brought women to my place cause I respect their space an property. Yet they assumed I'm trying to fuck my bff or something, not sure.

The worst thing is I know it's been building up for a while now. A few weeks ago mom asked if I crossdressed. It was out of the blue, and then proceeded to talk about how she needs to know cause she doesn't wanna ruin her chances to become a pastor. Which to me translates to: I'm ashamed of you.

Anyway, during the room renting convo she compared my sexuality to my older brother's drug addiction. Which is just disgusting. I've barely talked to them since the whole thing happened. Cause I feel ashamed just being around them. They make me feel horrible. What do you fine folk think? Am I overreacting?

I'm planning on leaving in a year tho. Not because of this, well now it's definitely part of my reasoning. But because in a way they make me feel trapped. They constantly say they don't want me to leave, yet here we are. Conservatives are nuts.

I haven't told my best friend what happened. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable around them.

P.s. I'm also an atheist, it's my way of rejecting my Christian upbringing.

P.s.s. I'm not from the US, it's quite normal over here to live with your parents and help them.

submitted by /u/SexyPawPatrolTHOT
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

0 Comments