Obstetrics - How do I (31F) talk my gynecologist into removing both my ovaries while getting a hysterectomy?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "How do I (31F) talk my gynecologist into removing both my ovaries while getting a hysterectomy?"

As stated above, I’m 31 years old and childless. I’m happily married to a great guy (36M) and we’ve decided we don’t want children. I’m also type 2 diabetic, but that’s not the point of this post. A few years ago, I finally found an answer so a lot of issues. I have endometriosis. However, I’ve also been on the depo provera shot on and off for about 12 years. When I got the diagnosis, they tried to have me change birth controls to help treat it. But unfortunately my periods are always hell. Debilitating. And I also started getting migraines. These were awful as well. They’d last for months an any treatment I’ve tried only makes them go away that day and they’d be back the next morning. We finally figured out my periods were triggering them. So I got back on the depo a few years ago.

But these last fews shots haven’t worked as well as before. I’ve been cramping and spotting, and the migraines are back. I decided earlier this year I want to try to get a hysterectomy to help with the endometriosis. I also have some abdominal adhesions from laparoscopic gall bladder removal when I was 20. So hopefully they can do a lysis as well.

Being on the depo shot has suppressed my ovaries. So wouldn’t removing them help with the migraines? How do I talk my gyno into removing them as well? I know going into early menopause isn’t great, but neither is my life now and especially if the depo stops working. I’m missing months of work. I’m isolated and depressed.

Side note: you shouldn’t be on the depo shot longer than 2 years cause of osteoporosis. But I recently had a DEXA scan and my bones are doing great.

submitted by /u/yecal9008
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments