Obstetrics - Endometriosis Questions.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Endometriosis Questions."

I have long suspected I had some form of endometriosis due to severe cramps, heavy/extended periods, back pain, and gut issues to name a few things. I have been working with a few OBGYN's (they keep retiring on me) and my latest took me very seriously. So much so that after our first meeting he scheduled me for a laprocopic surgery to see if he could find it. Surprise! He did and he burnt off what he could find. He left in my IUD and gave me birth control pills to start taking.

After the surgery pain wore off (only a few days since I have always bounced back fast from these things) I noticed some pretty serious cramping in the afternoon and bleeding. I brushed it off just thinking it was my period. Well that was 6 weeks ago. When I told my OBGYN about the severe cramps and bleeding every 24 - 48 hours he said I would have to wait 4 months for the pills to work and go from there.

So my questions are: 1. Has anyone else had this issue after surgery and how long did it last? 2. For those with endometriosis what helps with your pain if anything? 3. Are there foods that make it better or worse? 4. Are there exercises that help with the pain or bloating? 5. Do you have anything that you think I should know that can help?

submitted by /u/Znpegasus
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments