Obstetrics - 26F CIN2, conservative management or Leep procedure

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.


https://ift.tt/w0PyuAa

My experience over Obstetrics "26F CIN2, conservative management or Leep procedure"

Hi,

So back in 2021 I had an abnormal pap + for other high risk types of HPV, but not 16 or 18. It was followed by a colposcopy that showed some benign abnormal changes and was told to have a follow up pap next year. This year in 2022 I had my follow up pap and was told there were abnormal cells and my colposcopy came back as CIN2. I have an appointment friday to have my iud replaced but now the Dr. suggests switching it to have the LEEP procedure, but she also gave me the option to go through with the iud change instead and just do conservative management. Either way I need follow up colposcopies every 6 months for the next 2 years. Im torn on what to do because on one end I obviously want to eliminate risk of cancer but also I'm scared of the pregnancy risks of the LEEP because I want children in the future. I know theres a 40% chance of CIN2 regressing as well. Does anyone have advice on this or has anyone been through this themselves?

submitted by /u/reldituser
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments