Obstetrics - C-section question

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.


https://ift.tt/w0PyuAa

My experience over Obstetrics "C-section question"

Hello,

I'm scheduled for my third c section in May and I'm super nervous about it. I've not had terrible experiences, but I hate how out of control and vulnerable I feel.

My last c-section was planned and went better than my first...however, shortly after they placed the spinal, my blood pressure went from 90s/50s to 140/90 and it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. After a minute or two, it calmed down and the surgery started. I'm wondering why this happened? I've read it's common to give patients undergoing a c-section ephedrine or epinephrine because post spinal hypotension occurs?

Wondering if they gave me a prophylactic epinephrine/ephedrine. I didn't know if this was standard and I don't currently have access to my medical records.

submitted by /u/maikash30
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments