-Obstetrics - Question about potentially needing a pap smear? >> 2022

https://ift.tt/CB42bXd

I have been on birth control (depo provera) since July 2021 and never had to get a pap smear done, however i just turned 21 this month and also get my shot next week. i called to order my shot today because there were no refills left, they refilled it and i went to pick it up and noticed on the box it says no refills left, now i’m worrying that this means my doctor is gonna try to make me get a pap smear before he’ll refill my prescription. i’m very fearful of this because i have some trauma involving down there… i am on birth control for pain management and prevention of ovarian cysts only i’m not even sexually active, so i can’t risk not having my birth control if he denies me it if i don’t want to get it. i am having some break through bleeding so i don’t think he’d do the pap smear next week at my appointment, and when i called in for a refill the receptionist didn’t say anything about needing it or scheduling an appointment for it. i guess my question is, does this mean he’s gonna want me to get or pap smear or could it have just been a mistake that it said no refills? how can i prepare for a pap smear? what all does it entail what does it feel like? how long will it take, etc. anything you can tell me to help ease my mind would be lovely.

submitted by /u/tyforvenom
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

0 Comments