Obstetrics - Question for OB’s! (related to giving birth!)

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.


https://ift.tt/uEJhCoO

My experience over Obstetrics "Question for OB’s! (related to giving birth!)"

I am 23+4 and this is my first pregnancy. In 2020 i was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome due to a DVT in my subclavian vein in my left arm. Had the first rib resection surgery in June of 2020. I am on a baby aspirin only because i am pregnant. (it was ruled out in 2020 through blood tests that i do not have a clotting disorder). Because i had a rib removed, would this impact being able to give birth naturally? Would you naturally recommend a c-section? My vascular surgeon did tell me i have the same issue on my right side, but wouldnt do surgery on that side because it isn’t problematic right now and they dont do this specific surgery as a preventative precaution.

submitted by /u/hiho456
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments