Obstetrics - Extremely irregular bleeding between periods... Help!:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Extremely irregular bleeding between periods... Help!"

I'm going to preface this by saying I already have an appointment with a doctor on May 9th (that's the soonest they could get me in), but I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced something similar.

I (30F) am on the pill and have extremely regular periods. As soon as I get to the last week of my pill pack, I either start my period that day or within a day or two and it's been that way since I started taking birth control at 15. And that's exactly what happened this month. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after it was over and he may have accidentally gone a little too hard and it hurt me, so I expected a little bit of bleeding as that has happened before. I saw no blood and thought I was good to go. Then a full 24 hours after, I started bleeding and I thought it was very strange. It looks like my period started again. It feels like it too. This has gone on for a full 2 weeks now.

I thought it might have been my meds, but I was prescribed those AFTER this started. I thought it might be the exercise, but I've been doing that since before this even happened. I am eating well, exercising, drinking a lot of water, and doing everything I should do, but this irregular and heavy bleeding is becoming too scary for me. I'm already prone to ovarian cysts, but even those don't cause me to bleed like this... I track everything on the Clue app, but I'm honestly a bit terrified.

Have any of you had something similar happen? If so, what did the doctor tell you?

submitted by /u/WillowsLikePillows
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments