Obstetrics - please help- just want peace of mind:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "please help- just want peace of mind"

I suffer extremely bad with health anxiety and would just love some input on if this sounds concerning. I have had a hormonal IUD for 1.5 years, and within the last month or 2 I have been spotting every 2 weeks. My normal period with my IUD is just spotting, so that’s not out of the ordinary, but since it’s happening every 2 weeks I am assuming I am also experiencing ovulation spotting. I have always occasionally spotted around ovulation, even before the IUD, but not every month like I have been recently.

I am just wondering if this sounds like something I should be concerned about or if it is just normal IUD stuff or possibly just a cyst. I am terrified it could be ovarian cancer even though I am only 23 years old with no family history. I was supposed to see my gyno this coming Tuesday, but I was exposed to covid so I had to reschedule. Any input to put my mind at ease while I wait for my appointment would be greatly greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Far_Firefighter2229
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments