Obstetrics - I need advice, please help:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I need advice, please help"

I have been on birth control for a couple of years now to manage intense periods (heavy flow, cramping, vomiting, feeling feverish etc) where gyno suspected I could have endometriosis but since you need to be diagnosed through surgery, offered going on BC as an alternative. I do it in a 3 month cycle as recommended by the gyno since my symptoms were so severe- so 2 sets of pills I skip the sugar pills and I take it on the third. It has worked very well and I have no negative side effects.

I had a vaginal exam on Tuesday and they did an internal swab. That afternoon/evening I started having spotting and cramping. I looked it up and saw that’s normal so I wasn’t worried. The cramps were really bad that night and I was in a lot of pain so I forgot to take my birth control before bed as I was just trying to get comfortable. I took it first thing in the morning and have continued taking the pill regularly every night since.

I have continued to be on a period with heavier flow than I have had in the past couple of years, lots of blood clots (much more than usual) and some cramping every day, more so when I am trying to fall asleep at night. This is very unusual for me because on BC I only have one or two days of real bleeding and cramps then it tapers off. It is Saturday morning and I am still feeling the same. I called my gyno’s nurse and she said it just happens sometimes when you miss a pill even by hours and I should call back if I bleed through a tampon/pad an hour or if it continues for many more days.

I am still worried because this is so unusual for me. Should I be concerned and get another opinion or am I okay to wait several days as the nurse said? Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/doglovingnerd
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments