Obstetrics - LSIL and further testing:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "LSIL and further testing"

I recently had my pap come back as LSIL and had an abnormal amount of bleeding during the pap as well according to my dr. She scheduled me for a colposcopy based on the bleeding alone before the results came back but when I went in the doctor who did the exam said I didn’t need it as I’m under 25 (I am 22). I have had abnormal symptoms for years and am confused on what to do. I went to my primary care doctor and she told me I need a colposcopy. I made an appointment with ANOTHER doctor who said she would do it over the phone, then again when I went in she said I didn’t need it because I am under 25. I asked if they could do an HPV test even though I most likely have it as I want to know the strain. She said it wasn’t necessary but after I got upset she said she would do it if I really wanted it. Both colposcopy doctors recommended coming back for another pap in a year. I do not particularly trust either of the doctors because they both made weird comments about how it “didn’t matter” if I have HPV and the second one even said I shouldn’t inform past or future partners which does not sit right with me. Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/reddituser312today
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments