Obstetrics - Help, UTI/infection symptoms but NOT a UTI/infection???:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Help, UTI/infection symptoms but NOT a UTI/infection???"

I got my first UTI last summer, and it was confirmed since I went to urgent care and got tested. Ever since, sexual intercourse has been pretty horrible— I end up with like a one in four chance of having some sort of UTI symptom after sex (urgency to pee and burning pee) for the next few months. It happens so often that I’ve returned to urgent cares countless times. I can’t go to an OBGYN because I was at college, but only recently found out that my college offers OBGYN services. Currently thinking of sorting that out, but that’ll come later.

Each time I return to test, the diagnostic always comes back negative. Which was really confusing because I knew what was going on was UTI Symptoms, but if there’s no bacteria present then what can I do about it?

I chalked it up to maybe a latex allergy, and tried latex free condoms, which also hasn’t don’t anything. I’ve tried probiotic pills assuming that it’s a lack of healthy bacteria there. I’ve ruled out STDs. It’s been over a year, and I just had sex after months of not having sex (thought giving it some time to itself would help) and now I’m hopelessly sitting on the toilet in pain every time a little trickle of pee comes out.

I did go to my mothers OBGYN this summer to figure out what’s going on after another unfortunate sex mishap, but they said it looked normal for the most part (i was complaining about itch, burning pee), and gave me some sort of gel pump to use if i was really worried. It was Metronidazole Vaginal Gel. I used it, felt better after, and gave it some rest.

What the hell is going on, and what do I do about it?

submitted by /u/aly-way-crime
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments