Obstetrics - Does anyone know of any providers that perform endometrial biopsies or hysteroscopies under anesthesia?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Does anyone know of any providers that perform endometrial biopsies or hysteroscopies under anesthesia?"

Does anyone know a provider who does endometrial biopsies/hysteroscopies under anesthesia?

I can’t get a lap procedure done for my endo atm, but the surgeon recommends an endometrial biopsy. I was scheduled to have one at my OB/GYN, was told to take two ibuprofen before the procedure. While in the waiting room, I heard a women screaming bloody murder for five minutes. The women at the front desk said to her coworker “Close the door, it’s an endometrial biopsy.”

Well, I had a panic attack and obviously didn’t get mine done. The doctor I saw (who confirmed she performed said biopsy) simply said “I never had any patient react like that before.” Which wasn’t reassuring like she may have thought it was. Just sounded condescending and like this would be treated as an anomaly. I saw the poor woman run from the back, clearly traumatized, to hug her husband and begin sobbing again. Even my PCP said she thinks it would be painful for me bc I haven’t had kids and have suspected Endo. Edit: It’s also painful for me to even use a speculum, but I obviously deal with that. But that’s obviously warning enough that this isn’t a procedure I can just solder through. So does anyone know of any providers that provide endometrial biopsies or hysteroscopies under anesthesia, preferably in the northeast/mid Atlantic US? At this point I’d travel and even pay exorbitant out of pocket fees. Just had a family member pass today due to cancer that started in her uterus and metastasized. I really want to get one done bc of my heavy bleeding and to rule out more nefarious diagnoses until I can get a lap, but if I can’t find someone to put me under, I’m just not going to. It’s so fucked this is even an issue. The Endo subreddit didn’t seem to have any answers. Wishing you all well.

submitted by /u/freepourfruitless
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments