Obstetrics - I won't get my period for months:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I won't get my period for months"

I got my period at the age of 17 and I'm 27 now.

I very rarely get my period. Once every few months, and when I do get it, I only spot for a day or two. Not even enough to wear a light pad. It's not a "real" period. I am not close with my family and was never taught about "the birds and the bees" or anything about my privates for that matter. I went to the ob-gyn (when I was 19) about this and the pain that I thought was in my ovaries. They said even if it was a cyst it wouldn't be big enough for attention or surgery. I went back a few times for complaining about my period and how I felt I may have PCOS or Hirsutism. I was always turned down and told to try birth control. I took birth control actively and correctly for 2 years and nothing worked. I still didn't get my period like a "normal" female, didn't take care of the excessive body hair and sometimes the pain in my lower abdomen. So now, I'm 27 and on Reddit asking for help since I've been discouraged from ever going back to a doctor. To add, I haven't always been careful. Before and after my use of birth control, I had unprotected sex and I've never had a pregnancy scare in my life.

Does anyone have similar symptoms? Will I even be able to have children? What does all this mean? I understand not everyone is a doctor but I'd like to at least hear similar stories and what you ladies have done or dealt with.

submitted by /u/The90sXJ
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments