Obstetrics - IUD Removal Question:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "IUD Removal Question"

Hello! I (26F) just got my Kyleena IUD removed (hubby and I want to start trying for kids). My Dr said that I should avoid unprotected sex until I get my first period after the removal due to the IUD potentially roughing up the uterus which could cause miscarriage before I even know I’m pregnant. Is this accurate? I can’t find any literature or articles suggesting this. And of course I trust my doctor more than google, but you would think there’d be more literature on the subject. Thanks!

submitted by /u/californiaburger
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments