Obstetrics - complex ovarian cysts raise cancer risk?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "complex ovarian cysts raise cancer risk?"

I just read this today and I'm looking for clarification. I had a complex cyst back in 2020 (3.3 x 1.3 cm). A month or 2 later I got another ultrasound that showed that the cyst had resolved. I just got another ultrasound due to some small twinges of pelvic pain and it showed another complex cyst on the same ovary as before. It is about the same size (2.2 x 1.6 x 2.4 cm). I know the risk of it being cancer is relatively small yet still much greater than with a simple cyst. But my question is this: Does fact that I've had complex cysts increase my ovarian cancer risk, or will my risk return to normal once this cyst(hopefully)resolves? Also, is it possible that somehow the second ultrasound missed the cyst and I still have the same cyst from 2 years ago?

submitted by /u/AvailableCranberry29
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments