Obstetrics - Question about drain after laparoscopic myomectomy.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Question about drain after laparoscopic myomectomy."

Hello! Disclaimer that my surgeon is out and before reaching out to him, I'd like this community's help.

I had a laparoscopic myomectomy on Monday the 3rd of October for two fibroids, 6cm and 1.5cm. Apart from my stitches, a drain was added (tube with a bag) on my left side. I stayed in the hospital until Thursday (due to low hematocrit) and after a transfusion, I was sent home with my drain and instructions on how to empty it. I have an appointment on Wednesday 12 October 5o remove the drain and stitches.

I have noticed that the first 3 days post op, the blood and fluids in the drain were plenty but slowly getting less and by Thursday, the bag was half dull in 24.

I am however worried now because these past couple days, the blood and fluids, though it seems the same color and consistency, does not seem to become less. In fact, in only 3 hours I had half the amount that I had all day on Thursday.

Still, I want to clarify that in 24h the bag is not even half full. I am just worried if I should be having less blood than what I have in day 6 after surgery. The area with the drain is certainly the most painful and tender but not unbearably, just fairly noticeably. Also I have no way of measuring the amount, I eyeball it and take pictures as the bag is semi transparent. It's 100% certain that there's more blood today than on Thursday but less than during the first 3 days.

I do not know If this worry and more specifically this continuous blood and fluid collection is worth visiting the hospital or waiting until Wednesday for my appointment.

Any advice would be more than helpful.

submitted by /u/koukounaropita
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments