-Bisexual - Discovering being attracted to different genders was not a big thing, but admitting the label 'BI' was. Is that common ? >> 2022

https://ift.tt/vrb3x7z

My awakening was more of a journey than really an instant breakthrough. Always been very open about queer, gay etc, but not attracted to men at all. And then, at uni, crossed someone at the showers enjoying himself and kept thinking about it. Still on women, though. Then, progressively drawn to more gay stuff. And then bisexual stuff. A sign is when waking up in the middle of the night with 'insane' thoughts about people from different genders mixing together and enjoying it, and thinking the next morning 'I am really into it'. Ashamed at first by this attraction, progressively turned into guilt, and then just a simple fact. Well, this is who I am! Took a few years, but not a big deal, after all. Some questioning ('I am gay ? Can't be, I like women so much !'), of course, but solved. And no label.

Few years later, while cleaning the house, it struck me. Like a lightning bolt. I am BISEXUAL.

Recognizing the BI label was a real shock for me and honestly, it shouldn't have been. Since then, I am turned on more easily (on both m and f), and somehow thinking about it quite a lot. Still drawn to women as before, but surprise myself finding this guy attractive. And that one too. Things I never considered before accepting this label (Gosh; the strength of social norms is so strong that it find its way to influence our desires).

My question is : was accepting the label 'BISEXUAL' more of a thing for you than the fact of having attraction to different genders ? Do you guy relate to this ?

submitted by /u/bipriax
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

0 Comments