-Obstetrics - Breakthrough bleeding after 1 year on the pill >> 2022

Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.
https://ift.tt/eGhgzQk

So today I noticed a little bit of brown discharge on my toilet paper after going to the bathroom. I know brown discharge is old blood. It’s the first time I notice brown blood while on my active pills, and it hasn’t stopped, but it’s still very little blood.

I’ve never missed a pill nor took it late, and I am on my last week of active pills, 1 week until I have my usual withdrawal bleed. I don’t take any regular medications other than the BC pills. I’ve been extremely stressed as of late due to personal reasons, but I’ve never bled due to stress before. Two days ago though I had to take another pill due to severe diarrhea two hours after taking my usual pill. Don’t know if this is the reason or not.

Is breakthrough bleeding a sign my pills are not working? My bf and I always use condoms + pull out (sorry TMI) and test the condoms afterwards, so I don’t think pregnancy is a risk in this case, but I am a little concerned. Should I call my doctor?

Sorry if the english is bad, it’s not my native language as I am Brazilian. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Terumia
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments