Obstetrics - Cat had radioactive iodine treatment and I'm trying to conceive:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Cat had radioactive iodine treatment and I'm trying to conceive"

Hi all,

Trying to get some advice on human radioactivity exposure after my cat had I-131 treatment for hyperthyroid. The amount of radiation seems to be compared to radiation from a cross-USA flight.

I am trying to conceive. I just stopped oral contraceptives 3 weeks ago so unlikely but not impossible that I'm pregnant.

Is this level of radiation exposure a super high risk to a possible fetus with an estimated likely conception date of 3-7 days ago?

submitted by /u/Anonymous8150
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments