Obstetrics - I heard a pop:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I heard a pop"

I went to the park with my son the other day and decided to play with him in the playground since no-one else was there. I climbed the steps to the monkey bars, mind you, I'm not the strongest person at all... almost no upper body strength. As soon as I lifted my legs off the steps and contracted my abdominal muscles I heard a loud "pop" and felt a strange tug in my lower abdominal area, where my uterus is. I instantly let go and fell to the ground. I could not walk. It was instantly painful. My husband immediately ran to me and helped me up. After a few moments the pain subsided a bit and I was able to walk. My uterus area hurt so bad. Its been about a week and some change and it is still sore. I have the Kyleena IUD and my biggest fear has always been of it breaking or dislodging. After that incident at the park my uterine area has not felt the same. I have extremely painful episodes of cramping to the point where I feel dizzy and exhausted after they stop. I have no insurance and we are waiting a few more weeks until I'm able to see an OBGYN and possibly taking the IUD out...I've done a bit of Google searching and I can't find any instances of the IUD breaking inside someone.... has this ever happened or am I just freaking out? SOS

submitted by /u/SimCityAulani
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments