Obstetrics - Does a labor induction count as an abortion?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Does a labor induction count as an abortion?"

Just wondering if a woman has to be induced for labor, does that count as an abortion under some state laws?

If the healthcare providers are denying medications to manage miscarriages, I thought maybe some hospitals would hesitate to induce a woman because it can count as an abortion. (Even if it was a perfectly healthy baby and they just want to help speed along the labor)

I had to have a induction in my pregnancy almost full-term because of failure of the fetus to thrive (if I continued my pregnancy)

submitted by /u/aroosak519
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments