Obstetrics - Reoccuring Yeast Infections:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Reoccuring Yeast Infections"

Gender: F

Age: 23

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 125lbs

Smoking: Vape

Current Medical Issue: Reoccuring yeast infections

Duration: 2x since Jan 30th 2022

Medication: 100mg Lamictal XR x1 daily 0.35mg Deblitane (minipill) x1 daily

Supplements: Ginger 3850mg x1 daily D-Mannose 1g x4 daily Physicians Choice 60 Billion Probiotic x1 daily

I moved states to be with my bf on Jan 24th and got my UTI on the 30th. I was put on Bactrim for several days and that cleared it up. A few days after clearing my UTI I got a yeast infection and treated it with a 1 day OTC treatment (not monistat). I also went to planned parenthood and got cleared for STDs again to be sure it wasn't anything like that. On March 13th I got another UTI and was put on a 10 day treatment of Bactrim. I started taking D-Mannose daily after my second UTI and havent had a UTI since, thankfully.. Around May 10th I got another yeast infection. I tried the same 1 day OTC suppository, and it didn't help. I tried Monistat 3 day treatment, didn't help. Also the external itch cream that it comes with BURNS so bad. I dont remember my yeast infection burning at all ever sense I used Monistat. So I stopped using it completely, went back to the doctor and got one pill of fluconazole. It cleared up symptoms for a few days but I still had intense burning and inflammation. Ive been using boric acid for the past 2 weeks because its the only thing that helps soothe the pain. I've also had a strange feeling where my uterus is, the feeling comes and goes but its ever since this horrible yeast infection. I went back to the doctor AGAIN and got 2 fluconazole pills to take 3 days apart. I took my last pill yesterday and I am still feeling strange. The boric acid took away the smell and discharge completely but I dont want to rely on these boric acid suppositories forever... my doctor looked at my swab under a microscope and it is not BV despite so many of the same symptoms.

When I moved in I was on 30mg of mirtazapine, 1g metformin, 50mg lamictal, and on a combination birth control. I got off mirtazapine early in April, increased my lamictal to 100mg and got the extended release pill because it gives me light nausea all day, and also stopped taking the metformin because of the nausea. I do not eat junk food, I dont consume high sugar food, I've been trying to eat a lot of yogurt and healthy foods.

I dont know what is going on 😭 I just moved here and I am blasted with a plague of UTIs and yeast infections... Do I just wait this out or do you think there is something else wrong/something I can do?

Tysm

submitted by /u/tunnelofgoldenlight
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments