Obstetrics - My baby has gastroschisis. How can I calm myself during this time?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "My baby has gastroschisis. How can I calm myself during this time?"

My baby girl was suspected of having gastroschisis or omphalocele at 12 weeks, so they had me take the Natera NIPT test early which showed low-risk for chromosomal abnormalities, and then she was diagnosed at 14 weeks with gastroschisis.

Everything looked fine at the early anomaly scan at 14 weeks, and the only abnormal thing they saw was gastroschisis. The fetal doctor told me the hole in her abdomen was just right, and that the gastroschisis wasn't too big for her gestation age. When I asked if I could make a pregnancy announcement already, she said it was alright for me to tell people because the chances of there being something else wrong down the line was low-risk (or at least something along those lines).

At 16 weeks, I can't help but feel extremely anxious about my upcoming 20 weeks appointment. I know gastroschisis generally has a good outcome, but I also know they can see more at the 20 weeks scan. While it's cute, family members getting excited and already buying things for her scares me so much. I'm worried I told them too early.

What are the chances they see something worse at the 20 weeks scan when my 14 weeks anomaly scan showed everything to be normal but gastroschisis being present? How can I stop myself from googling too much and coming up with a plan B for every scenario? Please help!

submitted by /u/ReadySetSantiaGO
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments