Obstetrics - Biopsy anxiety:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Biopsy anxiety"

Hello, if someone could please help me I would really appreciate it.

My mother is 47 yo and she has been having continuous spotting/bleeding between periods. In January she did a scan and they told her she has fibroids.

Last week she did another scan and they said her fibroid grew, they found a cyst on her left ovary, and that her endometrial lining was 2.1 cm (compared to 0.4 cm in January). They freaked us out and told her to go get a biopsy, which she did. We are still waiting for the results. When we went to her OBGYN for biopsy, I asked her doctor if it could be cancer. She told me it is most likely NOT cancer and that her hormone levels are just messed up because she is approaching menopause. I then asked her again “so it is most likely not cancer right?” And she said correct. This made me feel a little bit better , but I am still worried about the results. I can’t sleep at night until her results come out next week. If anyone has any information that can help us calm our nerves I would really appreciate it. Any OBGYNS please let me know your experience with this type of case. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Business_Ad_3501
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments