Obstetrics - Genuine, and apparently delicate inquiry about pregnancy risks.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Genuine, and apparently delicate inquiry about pregnancy risks."

I’m not a woman but I’m having some severe pregnancy anxiety about my girlfriend.

Recently her LoLo ran out for about 2-3 weeks, during which she was taking expired pills her sister gave her. We did not have sex during this time.

She got a new pack and we had sex on the night after she took her 7th pill, which was at 09:00. I always pull out, but I worry about pre-ejaculate fluid containing sperm.

Since then we’ve had sex once or twice, I noticed some thick, white, possibly sticky discharge which she says is normal, but it’s been around 30-something days since her last period.

She tells me this discharge is normal, and that it happens all the time. A loved one died recently in her family so the stress of that may just be pushing her already unpredictable and irregular cycle back. Her cycle does have a tendency to last over 30 days.

I understand there is a rule of thumb that you are protected after your 8th pill, and that we had sex roughly 12-14 hours before she took that 8th pill.

Am I being paranoid or is there a real, tangible chance of pregnancy that is high enough to warrant concern?

Edit: I should add she has NOT noticed any early symptoms of pregnancy such as light cramps, tender breasts, spotting, abnormal discharge, fatigue, etc etc.

submitted by /u/Anonymous3719471847
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments