Obstetrics - Septated Ovarian Cyst advice needed please!:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Septated Ovarian Cyst advice needed please!"

I'm a 27F on birth control for the past 8-9 years. I have had ovarian cysts before. The past two months, starting in early May, I was suffering severe abdominal pain, pelvic pain, and lower back pain, plus nausea, bloating, fullness in my belly, and having to urinate frequently (when I did have to urinate it was painful) . The pain radiated down my thighs, and I also could feel like pain in my uterus. At some points, it felt like I was about to give labor that how's bad the pain was. I also have not gotten my period since May 17th (so two months without).

Long story short, I was diagnosed with a UTI in May, given antibiotics which didn't work, and went on another antibiotic. That same night, I was in so much pain, I went to the ER. The ER said I was constipated and said my intestines were inflamed, but later in my MyChart, it was documented I had a small kidney stone.

A month or so went on, and I had continued severe pains. I decided to go to my GI and OBGYN for 2nd opinions. The GI claimed he thought I had a herniated disc and the OBGYN said he didn't think it was reproductive health issue, but told me to get an ultrasound anyways. After getting my results back from the radiologist, it is said I have a 3CM septated cyst. When I called my OBGYN about it he said my results were fine and it was probably because I was ovulating.

I'm conflicted at what my next steps should be and I can't find much about septated ovarian cysts online. What should I do considering my symptoms this past two months and this odd finding?

I am debating on getting a 2nd opinion, but I am a little concerned. I normally trust my OBGYN's opinion, but this has me worried that I have two varying diagnosis from my dr vs the radiologist.

submitted by /u/throwaway244111
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments