Obstetrics - [36F] 10+ Weeks of infection/painful sex. Desperate to feel normal again!:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "[36F] 10+ Weeks of infection/painful sex. Desperate to feel normal again!"

For the past 10+ weeks (maybe 11 or 12? Can't even remember the exact start date now) I have had symptoms of vaginal infection (white discharge, strong sour smell and painful intercourse, which I mostly avoid).

I have had 2 vaginal swabs for yeast, BV, and STIs and they have come back negative for everything. Swabs were each after a course of Fluconazole. I have taken Fluconazole courses 3x (first time 1 pill, 2nd and 3rd with 2 pills). I have used an Rx Clotrimazole & Betamethasone Dipropionate cream for 3-4 days, for 7 days respectively. It burns really badly and seems to make my vulva red and that takes a couple of days to recover from.

Each time I wait several days to a week, and I get slight improvement but never back to 100% normal.

I also tried about 4 days of boric acid suppositories at night but this didn't seem to improve any symptoms. My doctor said I should not use that so I discontinued.

I went back to my doctor. She was very sympathetic, said my symptoms are legitimate despite swabbing negative. She said sometimes stress just causes continuous issues and I am going through a divorce so that sounds like a legit reason. This time she gave me Metronidazole gel for 5 days, plus Clotrimazole. The Clotrimazole burned so bad I quit after 2 days.

I'm now a week past the Metronidazole gel. I think I am doing better than after the yeast treatments but I still have somewhat of a sour smell, white discharge (possibly normal for beginning of cycle??), and burning pain when attempting intercourse. I barely have had any intercourse in the past 10+ weeks, I am really trying to let myself heal. It's getting very frustrating. On top of all of this, starting about 3-4 weeks ago around my suspected last ovulation time, I had bad ovarian cyst type pain. I had lots of aching that was only helped with a heating pad for the week following my "ovulation". I did get an ultrasound and have not seen the results yet so I am unsure if it is truly a cyst, but I seem to just have some "background" dull ache on the right side now. I don't know if this is relevant to my symptoms or not, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, I attempted penetration again yesterday and quit pretty immediately due to burning pain. My boyfriend and I inspected and found in left/bottom of my labia/wall inside my vagina there is a sort of "rut" and a sort of "skin tag" type of flap that is very painful to the touch, and the left side entrance to my vagina felt very swollen. It just ached terribly, I have thought of using a sitz bath for relief. I have been googling Bartholin's cysts and other things but do not seem to have a round cyst in any location, only the broad swollen labia/entrance and the "flap" type thing.

What could possibly be going on? What should my next step be? Do you have any advice on what I can do to get some relief? Even if it is "absolutely don't have sex for 6 weeks". I just want some kind of advice so I can get past whatever this is, please help!

submitted by /u/melonpoly
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments