Obstetrics - Can someone please help me read my ultrasound? Is it cancer?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Can someone please help me read my ultrasound? Is it cancer?"

I found a lump 2 weeks ago in my right groin. No other abnormal symptoms. I had a vaginal ultrasound and everything looked great/couldn't see the lump. I didn't feel right about the result, so I went in and had another ultrasound (external this time) done - my dr ordered it for my right groin - and the radiologist said they can't rule out cancer. I have to have a biopsy done this week and I am terrified. I have a 1 and 3 year old and I am only 34. Anyone have any experience with this?

This is what the radiologists report from the ultrasound reads:

Clnical History: right groin mass

Impression: in the right groin region is a 3.9x2.1x3.5 cm solid heteroechoic soft tissue mass with mild internal vascularity of unclear etiology. Neoplastic process cannot be excluded. No fluid collection or abnormal calcification identified.

submitted by /u/rebbren1
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments