Obstetrics - IUD out of place or not?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "IUD out of place or not?"

I want to start off by saying that I’m going to try to make an appointment on Monday, but I’m not hopeful it’ll happen. So I got my IUD about 10 weeks ago. All bleeding and almost all cramping stopped after 2 weeks (super easy recovery). I have not gotten a period since the insertion. Ever since the insertion I’ve always felt a sharp but mild pain in the left side of my lower abdomen. I never went for my four week follow up because my doctors office closed down. My insurance company, health network, and primary care doctor have not been able to find me a new OBGYN. 8 days ago I started getting a little more discomfort and some heavy spotting! The pain is still mild, but definitely a sharper pain. It’s in the lower left part of my abdomen as usual, but worse than normal. I made an appointment at planned parenthood for the IUD follow up, and the strings were in place. They gave me a referral for an ultrasound, but due to my insurance company’s incompetence, I’m not optimistic I’ll be able to get an appointment. Based on a pain level of about 3/10 and out of the blue spotting (not full on bleeding), what is the likelihood there is something wrong?

submitted by /u/mymichelle1
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments