Obstetrics - OBGYN / ACOG LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED FOR HSV-2:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "OBGYN / ACOG LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED FOR HSV-2"

Our baby died of neonatal herpes at 27 days old. I am reviewing my medical records as I am determined to not let her death and life go unnoticed and become a part of a statistic.

In my initial OBGYN appointment (March 12, 2021), I mentioned to my OB that I had knowingly been exposed to HSV-2 back in 2015 and had a serological test done at that time (test was in 2015) that was negative. However, my pregnancy was 6 years later and in between 2015-2021, I never had another HSV test done and had no symptoms. In my initial clinical OBGYN Intake Note, my OB wrote “no HSV” however she did not test me and obviously her writing this was not medically correct as my baby died a horrible and painful death weeks after birth.

Legally, Can our OBGYN be held accountable? Please advise.

submitted by /u/No-Distribution9658
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments