Obstetrics - Telling a patient theyre pregnant when they arent:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Telling a patient theyre pregnant when they arent"

I am a medical student and I accidentally told a mentally ill patient they are pregnant when they arent. The doctor told me to go check the test, I asked the nurse if ______ was pregnant and she said yes but she misunderstood the name I said. I go back to the room and told the patient she was, and it caused distressed to the whole family. This happened days ago and I cant forgive myself for the mistake, and cant stop crying about how much distress I caused the patient and her family.

Is it possible the doctor im working with to get in trouble for this? If so Ill hate myself for the rest of my life. I will never make this type of mistake again, and will look at every test with my own two eyes. But it still doesnt take away what I have done.

submitted by /u/G0P000
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments