Obstetrics - Went to an OBGYN and they refused to physically examine me?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Went to an OBGYN and they refused to physically examine me?"

I’m 25 and I’ve never had a pap smear. I also wanted to discuss possible infertility causes like PCOS or similar because I’ve been off birth control and been having unprotected sex with my husband for 2 years and still haven’t gotten pregnant.

Long story short I waited 3 months for an appointment, they didn’t give me the (female) doctor I was scheduled for (nor did anybody say why she wasn’t at my appointment) and the (male) doctor I was given basically told me that I didn’t “look like” I have PCOS so they didn’t even offer to do a pelvic exam/ultrasound/pap smear. I was then told to leave :/

My progesterone and LH levels have come back high before. My periods are “regular” in the sense that I get a 3 day period every 24 days.

Also, my breast cup size has dramatically increased twice now. I was a US 30DDD until age 22, then I went up to a US 30I, and as of today I just found out I’m a US 30L.

I guess I’m embarrassed about the one doctor I tried to get help from telling me I’m overreacting, but these symptoms don’t seem normal, right?

submitted by /u/Bint_Please
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments