Obstetrics - 20mm thick endometrium:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "20mm thick endometrium"

34 year old white female 5'4.5", 175lbs, from the US

Medications: 25mg Zoloft daily, copper IUD

Drinker, Non-smoker

Just had a transvaginal ultrasound for a slight concern for PCOS (PMS, facial hair, occasional abnormal spotting). My doctor was not concerned, I have normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar, and normal testosterone levels. I'm an Ashkenazi Jew, so I'm naturally hairy. My mom passed from ovarian cancer at age 51.

No cysts in the ultrasound and the test results said "pelvic exam within normal limits", so that's cool. I did see that the endometrium is 20mm thick, which of course, I googled and now am convinced I have endometrial cancer. During the ultrasound, I was about to start my period, so I know it would be "thickest" part of my cycle.

Still. I'm freaked. I messaged my OBGYN, but what are we dealing with here? Should I be freaking out? What would next steps be?

submitted by /u/ar281987
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments