Obstetrics - Please convince me not to cancel my appointment!:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Please convince me not to cancel my appointment!"

Full disclosure, I posted here a few weeks ago but my appointment is coming up this week and I am nervous. I always get worked up before medical appointments. I am a HCW and routinely work with my gynecologist so I’m worried I’ll look silly if it’s nothing.

Apologizes for the NSFW photos. I have posted here before, but my anxiety had gotten the best of me and I’m pointing again for validation. I do have an appointment with my gynecologist next month, but I am so anxious that I’m going to be told there is nothing or that it is normal anatomy.

Little background: I’ve had symptoms for months now (springtime) and scheduled an appointment in July that is this week!! I’ve never had severe pain, just mild discomfort or tenderness.

I have never been sexually active, but I do find that I have increased swelling during/after masturbation, even without penetration. I also occasionally notice increased swelling when I wear tight clothing or exercise. It’s weird to describe, but I can feel it most significant when I sit on the toilet… I can almost feel a defined lump extending towards my anus about the size of a large grape. However, at some (most) points I have no noticeable swelling whatsoever.

I am concerned that my doctor will not be able to see/feel anything at my appointment. Should I bring photos? Or will she believe me? What can I expect for treatment if it’s fluctuant?

Thank you in advance… sorry for my anxiety!

NSFW PHOTO

submitted by /u/lolokayhan
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments