Obstetrics - panicking over hard lumps on vulva (labia):Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "panicking over hard lumps on vulva (labia)"

when i showered today i noticed my vulva was sore on one side, but i didn't think much of it because i'd been on my period and sometimes the pads can get stuck on my pubes and pulling it off will make it sore. but i felt around and the entire left lip is swollen and red, and there are 2-3 hard lumps on the skin. it feels like theyre near the surface so idk if theres something growing in them or the skin is really swollen and round, and i noticed yesterday it was itchy. but i am panicking. i'm very young (teenager) but i've had so many freak cancer scares in the past year im starting to think god is trying to tell me something. my period started really early so idk if that has anything to do with it and then theres also a mole on my chest that's two toned (light in the middle) which is irrelevent but you never know and honestly i'm panicking because i don't want to tell my mom "hey, theres lumps on my vagina and they hurt." and i dont want to have a doctor poke around my vag either, and i don't want to have to tell everyone "hey i just got diagnosed with vulva cancer." like, if i have cancer, why can't it be something less embarrassing. i don't want my legacy to be "jaeden, died of vagina cancer at 15"

and yes i have history with health anxiety but im still freaking out because google is telling me the symptoms fit like a glove. the lumps are hard and tender but they can be squished so its not like theres a pebble in there, and i cant tell if theres pus or not bc shaving my vag pubes is hell, which is another thing; theyll have to shave it to see and i dont want that bc then my vag will itch all the time during the procedures. i also have a fear of hospitals and medical procedures and i was already dreading to go get my endoscopy done wednesday, and now this? what did i even do.

side note: it hurts to pull on the pubes attached to the lumps. it hurts to pull on pubes all the time but those hurt extra

submitted by /u/herrcooki
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments