Obstetrics - 5 weeks pregnant and RIDDLED with anxiety re: beta hcg levels:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "5 weeks pregnant and RIDDLED with anxiety re: beta hcg levels"

So - my OB is pretty much done with me because I am insisting something is wrong and she is INSISTING something is not.

I am 5 weeks 1 days pregnant (I confirm ovulation via OPKs and temping) and since finding out, I have been a wreck. I have not have previous miscarriage but all of my time spent online has convinced me of how common it is. I am 100% sure in my GUT that it is going to happen.

I had my beta hcg drawn at 13 and 15 days past ovulation. They were 122.24 and 231.68. This is only an 89.5% increase or 52.04 doubling time. ETA: progesterone was 55.74. I was hoping to ease my anxiety with blood work, and now it is a thousand times worse. I KNOW that SAY “48-72 hours is normal.” However, I look at peoples betas ALL the time on here and 99.9999% of the time they more than double in 48 hours especially this early on, and most peoples that have doubled over 50 hours end up with a loss. I have traced so many peoples post history with this and it is amazing how many people have lost their baby even after the first scan with my doubling time.

However, whenever I post about it or when I ask my doctor, I am placated or met with anecdotes like “my doubling time was 1000 hours and I have a baby right in front of me!!!”

Can someone please just shoot me straight? If 48-72 hours is normal, why are mine slow and why are some peoples slower than others? I don’t want to hear about how it worked out for some people, I want cold hard truth and facts about what this 48-72 hour range really means and the outcomes based on different variations within normal.

My ultrasound is on 9/19, I will be 7 weeks and 3 days. I just need to know what’s going on, I can’t make it every day without knowing.

submitted by /u/SnooWords4752
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments