Obstetrics - I am 22 and have never been to the OBGYN. thinking about making an appointment and I am TERRIFIED.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I am 22 and have never been to the OBGYN. thinking about making an appointment and I am TERRIFIED."

I recently posted a rant to a rant reddit about period pain I was having and a lot of the comments suggested that I should go to the OBGYN.

I've never been taken to one and I am absolutly terrified. thinking about pap smears or biopsies makes my stomach turn..

I am not sexually active but I have had a really bad history with painful periods, cystic acne and chronic depressive episodes.

my period pain is only really bad for the first hour or so though once the meds kick in I have no issues with my period pain afterwards it's only the first day I have severe pain.

I know my hormones are definitely messed up because of what my puberty was like

and I got one of those women's everlywell tests done and I don't know if any of my results were normal but I do have thyroid issues.

I also have abdominal pain sometimes after I (you know... 🍆🐱 ) when I was younger I used to have problems with abdominal pain before I became old enough for any of that.

and I've gone to the ER for a horrible pain in my back right kidney area? I might have had a kidney stone but I never peed it out and the crystals they found were super small. which terrifies me that it could have been a cyst or something.

I am absolutly terrified that I might have PCOS and have to have biopsies etc. or even something worse. I kind of would rather just die out of nowhere than ever have to deal with having a doctor give me bad news that requires surgical intervention.

I know I am overdue for an exam but I think it all really overwhelms me.

submitted by /u/pandorasapple
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments