Obstetrics - I feel violated after my pelvic exam.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "I feel violated after my pelvic exam."

I can’t help but feel so violated after a pelvic exam that I just had. Maybe I am reading into it too much but she had me do kegals while she was watching to I guess relax my muscles before inserting the speculum. She also was just very vocal about everything. Maybe some people find that comforting but it made me feel strange. I’ve always had very negative and weird feelings about pelvic exams but this just felt extra violating & put it over the top. I’m not sure how I will ever have a pelvic exam again after that experience. Maybe I’m overreacting???

submitted by /u/bagloverlv
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments