Obstetrics - My appointment with my obgyn was rescheduled and I’d like to see if I could get some answers.:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "My appointment with my obgyn was rescheduled and I’d like to see if I could get some answers."

I had my son a year ago and my labor did not go as planned. I was induced at 39 weeks due to a two vessel cord. My water was broken for over 28 hours. I ended up spiking a fever and my son was boor by vacuum assist. Once he was born he was transferred to a NICU hospital because he was in respiratory distress. The entire experience was a lot but happy to report I have a happy and healthy 1 year old. My placenta was sent for biopsy because of the two vessel cord. Does anyone understand what the report says, and would I be safe to have another child?

submitted by /u/Alone-Ad-6293
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments