Obstetrics - Can you test for STIs while on antibiotic metronidazole?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Can you test for STIs while on antibiotic metronidazole?"

Hi, I’ve been posting on here about my struggle with yellow/green discharge with no odor and went to get tested for chlamydia, gonhorrea, trich, yeast, and BV. All came out negative except BV which was equivocal. I was on my period though and it was a self swab at urgent care, even though they said it’s fine and the results would still be accurate, I can’t help but be scared that something was missed.

I got prescribed metronidazole and am now on day 4, but my yellow/green discharge is still here and if anything worsening. It has some bubbles in it too.. when I look up these symptoms, trichomoniasis keeps coming up but I was negative and it’s also treated with metronidazole; so if it was that my symptoms should still be getting better.

I want to retest for STIs because I’m just so paranoid despite the healthcare providers saying I don’t need to test again. Can I test for STIs while being on metronidazole or will that affect the results too?

submitted by /u/mmags_
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments