Obstetrics - Any have a Da Vinci Laparoscopic Myomectomy?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Any have a Da Vinci Laparoscopic Myomectomy?"

Hey Redditors!

Hoping to find others out there who have had a laparoscopic myomectomy, and hear about how your recovery went. I’m a kid less, healthy, 39 year old Asian woman, and I’m currently 6 days post-op, and while I think I’m recovering pretty well, I’ve seen so many different recovery stories that I’m not sure if what I’m experiencing is normal.

We extracted 31 fibroids in total - This number was far more than what we had anticipated, but the surgery itself went well and I was home the same day. I have 5 incisions in total, 1 of which is in my belly button.

As of today, I’m still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort, especially in my belly/belly button. Getting in and out of bed is still pretty uncomfortable, and I’m definitely still very swollen. It feels firmer and more swollen above and below my belly button - I’m just hoping I do not end up with bulging lumps of scar tissue.

I’ve seen and heard stories of women who claim to have been feeling great a week after surgery… Running errands, back to work, walks outside, etc. Meanwhile I’m still stuck in bed and struggling to move 1 week post-op, and the thought of wearing any type of pants with a waistband is giving me nightmares. Any ladies out there care to share your experience, timeline, advice?

submitted by /u/CatsTatts
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments