Obstetrics - IUD advice: Kyleena vs. Skyla vs. Paragard, or any others?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "IUD advice: Kyleena vs. Skyla vs. Paragard, or any others?"

I have been on Kyleena for 4 years now. I’m 21 now, and since I got it so young, I hardly remember what my body was like before I got it, and have had a handful of mystery symptoms (acne, cramps, waves of more or less frequent migraines, and weight gain, and a few very minor ovarian cysts) that have been hard to attribute to the IUD rather than maybe the 3-4 different medications I’ve tried out for mental health reasons in the past several years, or even just to my body respective of the added hormones.

I’m thinking about trying a different kind of IUD, like the Paragard or the Skyla for either no or at least lower hormones. Paragard has seemed appealing because I have never had a normal period for 4 years now, and as many doctors have expressed concern with how little I bleed as have said it’s nothing to worry about. I have a small frame though and am a bit worried about the size, as well as its potential to worsen cramps. Skyla seems appealing because of its lower hormone dose, but this might just not make a significant difference from the Kyleena.

Seeking any and all IUD advice! If you ever debated between hormonal and non-hormonal BC, was the trade-off worth it for you? Also, is it *really* okay for your endometrial lining if you never or rarely bleed on an IUD?

submitted by /u/lucygooseyyy
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments