Obstetrics - Liletta and Mirena are the same ... but not?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Liletta and Mirena are the same ... but not?"

Ugh. Alright. I got a Liletta IUD 5.5 years ago, and my MD said it would last for 7 years, and that it's the same as Mirena. At my last appointment, she mentioned something about it now being six years. I checked around and it appears the makers of Liletta stopped testing it at the six-year mark. But Mirena, which is the same exact drug in the same exact dose, is approved for seven.

So, I get that it's not FDA approved for 7, but are people using Liletta informally for up to 7 years? I"m not trying to be an asshole who doesn't listen to their MD. I have significant anxiety about medical interactions due to past abuse by medical providers, and depending on how mental health stuff is going for me, I need to limit upcoming interactions.

I guess my other question is, why would my MD talk me into Liletta all those years ago if it might not end up being approved? Why not just give me another Mirena? Doesn't seem to make sense.

submitted by /u/LeadingInterview202
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments