Obstetrics - Need insight:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Need insight"

Last month I had a positive digital home pregnancy test in the morning. Went to my OBGYN the same day that afternoon and urine test there was negative but she assumed it was because it wasn’t morning urine. Ultrasound showed empty uterus but again she assumed I was just very early along. She took quant hcg blood test but it wasn’t resulted for two days, so she prescribed me the abortion pill because she assumed my blood results would show hcg. I took the mifepristone in the office. The next day, I started bleeding like a period. I received a call that my quant resulted at <1 hcg. My OBGYN called and said I did not need to take the misoprostol because I was never pregnant. My question is, was this really my period, or did the mifepristone induce bleeding because it’s a progesterone blocker? I followed up two weeks later and urine test was again negative. However, I was supposed to get my period this week (4 weeks after taking the mifepristone), and it hadn’t arrived. Negative pregnancy test now too. Will the mifepristone have harmed me ? When can I expect my period to arrive?

submitted by /u/nervousgirl101
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments