Obstetrics - Persistent bleeding/ irregular period for 4 months, should I try the Patch birth control?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Persistent bleeding/ irregular period for 4 months, should I try the Patch birth control?"

I had a cortisone shot in late December to treat eczema. (This was actually the second shot in2 months.) I then had constant bleeding for 2 months, followed by having my period every other week for the last 2 months. I went to the OBGYN and stopped taking steroids. Did a sonohysterogram and they found nothing wrong. I REFUSE to get an IUD because the sonohysterogram was traumatically painful. My OBGYN basically said she doesn’t know what else to do besides birth control. Progestin based birth control (Nexplanon) has previously also caused persistent bleeding for months on end, so I don’t want that either.

I said I was willing to try a combination patch, but I’m scared of side effects because my previous experience with Nexplanon was so bad. I want something that I can stop taking without having to wait for an appointment with my OBGYN, if birth control is even the right move.

Im feeling very fragile because the so saline sonohysterogram was so horribly painful and invasive. I want to get multiple OBGYN’s advice before I move forward with any other treatments or procedures if there’s a possibility this will go away with time.

submitted by /u/BunchofParsley
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments