Obstetrics - Preparing for upcoming GYN visit, seeking input:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Preparing for upcoming GYN visit, seeking input"

Hello, I am a 46F who is perimenopausal. I have never had a baby (did have ectopic pregnancy following IVF and fulguration of endometriosis). I have a consult next week with a new gynecologist and am trying to prepare for the visit. The referral was for “menopause” but I have a few things going on such as a long history of infertility and related procedures, painful irregular periods now, left side pelvic pressure that seems to creep up into the left side of my abdomen, episodic heart palpitations that seem hormone-related, etc. I had a transvaginal ultrasound about 9 months ago to check for issues since I was having a lot of left side pelvic pain (for years I’ve felt much more on the left side) and it found multiple follicular cysts on the left, nothing on the right, one small uterine fibroid, and no fluid. I am wondering what I need to be prepared to say, how much of this history she will want me to cover, etc. and generally what to expect. I am currently having quite a bit of pelvic fullness on the left side and some left side abdominal pressure that seems to come and go with my cycles. Of course I am worried about something very bad like cancer, but since I had the ultrasound 9 months ago not sure how reasonable that is or if I should focus on it in my visit. Can anyone provide tips for a successful visit? Thank you!

submitted by /u/redrocks22
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments