Obstetrics - Grandma refusing to take me in for hymenectomy:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Grandma refusing to take me in for hymenectomy"

I'm 16 and live with my grandma, who has guardianship of me. I just found out I have a septate hymen. I can get tampons in with no problem, but getting them out... They get stuck on this string of skin on my vagina, which I found out is my hymen (they don't teach you this stuff in sex education...).

I'm transgender (FtM), so my period is already mentally painful. The last thing I needed is for it to be even more physically painful than the cramps already make it, but here we are. Taking out tampons and masturbation hurt like Hell because everything either stretches my hymen too far aside or gets stuck and pulls too hard. My hymen is too thick to break on my own no matter how I try (fingering, dildos, pulling on it, etc), and my boyfriend is also FtM transgender and practices abstinence, so breaking it through sex is off the table.

I was thinking of getting a hymenectomy and brought it up to Grandma, but she refused. She said I just have to stop using tampons and go back to pads because my medical insurance won't cover a hymenectomy, and she doesn't want to pay out of pocket for the $3k-$5k fee (which is an insane price for such a tiny surgery...). I'm worried about this becoming a big problem though. It's starting to screw up my period flow, and I have algophobia (phobia of physical pain) so I'm scared stiff of how it's gonna hurt when my boyfriend and I have sex on our marriage night. But I'm also scared of continuing to pressure Grandma about the surgery because of her short temper. What should I do?

submitted by /u/MyChemicalAnxiety
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments