Obstetrics - Please help with urinalysis:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Please help with urinalysis"

Hi all. I went to get a urinalysis dipstick test done as I’ve had a lot of pain urinating this morning ( burning sensation) and the results are worrying. A month ago I got a kidney function test but the results of the dipstick are + for : - leukocytes, blood ( biggest worry, as it says LARGE), proteins( 30) ketones, and high specific gravity. As well as trace of bacteria present.

The doctor believes I have a bad UTI but UTIs would not cause blood or ketones in urine so I’m freaking out

  • 24 year old female, 127lb, 5’5. Smoker and social drinker. No current ( hopefully) medical Problems
submitted by /u/AdventurousGas1435
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments