Obstetrics - Imperforate Hymen?:Health care

What is "Obstetrics " ?



Obstetrics is the field of study concentrated on pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. As a medical specialty, obstetrics is combined with gynecology under the discipline known as obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which is a surgical field.



My experience over Obstetrics "Imperforate Hymen?"

When I (23F) was a teenager my Mom mentioned something to me offhand that I’d never known, she said: “You know, you were born with the opening to your vagina sealed shut. The doctors told me that they’d have to see if it corrected itself or not, and if it didn’t, you would have needed surgery when you were 8.” I was baffled since she’d never told me this before. She never remembered what the condition was called. I’m thinking maybe an imperforate hymen? My main confusion is that from what I’ve read I’ve never seen anything about it “correcting itself”. Also, I never had surgery, mine did “correct” itself. So whatever condition it ultimately was, it was able to naturally fix itself. So I guess my question is: Can an imperforate or even microperforate hymen fix itself? My menstruation is normal but I’ve always had some issues with penetration during intercourse, so I’m curious about what my case was and if it may still effect me in some ways. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Sea_Neighborhood758
[link] [comments]

" Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments